Monday, July 5, 2010

New Things

So I haven't been as diligent as I'd hoped to be after moving into the new place. Still haven't taken the time to just get down on some shirts and get a bunch made. Hopefully soon I'll feel motivated to do it.

Over the long weekend, I did come up with a couple of things for the new place though. When I was in Bellingham with some friends back in May, we saw these acrylic paintings on the wall of the place we went for dinner. They were face shots of pop icons (Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson to name a couple). I thought they looked great, and knowing what little I do about Photoshop and Illustrator, I figured I'd be able to create something at least wall worthy.

So here's the result. Each are 24"x24" and will be mounted on frames (just paper at the moment, not canvas).



Essentially my first real foray into some sort of graphic design. It was fun to make them, and to be honest I'm a little bit proud of how well they turned out.

2 comments:

  1. I've thought about that for sure. Or one of my grandfather. Heath and I have even talked about doing up one of you. Possibly one with Pam in it.

    I've actually been toying all day with the idea of doing all my display pictures like that, instead of just photographs. Probably without the names on them, just because they'd be smaller scale, but a similar style.

    ReplyDelete